Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Keira insults poodles.

Personally, when I don't really want to get attention for something, I always find the best approach is to talk about it all the time so that people can really forget about it. Keira wants us all to know that she is not looking forward to going to the OSCARS..."This is my first time going to the Academy Awards and it's terrifying."...oh did she mention she was going to the Oscars?

The poor thing is so terrified:
"You kind of get trotted out as Britain's prize poodle, I suppose,
wearing your dress and they give you marks out of ten for what you're wearing
and what your jewels are like. It's a bit scary."

Hmm..yes, those damn Oscars are terrible. I doubt she'll cope. I'd agree with her comparison to a poodle...except I'm pretty sure that poodle shows require SOME talent criteria, something that's a bit too advanced for the Oscars normination process..

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my younger years I did attended dog shows and I tell you all that Keira would not measure up.

Anonymous said...

I thought she looked gorge in that photo, till I clicked on the high-res version. Eek. Ten pounds of powder couldn't cover up all that acne.

Jack B. said...

I could not believe she got nominated for anything. It just shows how irrevelant the Academy Awards are if they really think her performance was one of the top 5 by ANY actress this year. And I say that having really like this version of Pride and Prejudice and actually thought she was good in it. But she was the WORST thing in a Very Good Movie. Where's the Oscars nods for other members of the cast?

M-M-M-Mishy said...

She is such a terrible actress! Its my theory that she was nominated just because there wasn't any other supporting actresses this year.

You just know that she thinks so highly of her self that she just knows she is going to win.

NiolK said...

I love the way you said that Franci "In my younger years I did attend some dog shows", like your fondly looking back on wild drug fueled dog show orgies of your youth.

When Keira said Jewels was she talking about actual jewelery or was she refering to that dog show thing of checkin the dogs balls. I'm not joking, I'm actually asking.

Anonymous said...

Hey Niolk, I am rendered speechless.
- occupied by laughing.

Cap'n Bob said...

Keira's performance in Pride and Prejudice was barely better than I'd expect from an under-rehearsed high school actress. Her reaction to virtually every situation in the first ha;f of the movie was to smile, dip her chin, and then look up with those big beautiful eyes. She's pretty, all right, but that doesn't maker her Oscar worthy.

Six, two, and even she loses.

Elisita said...

haha niolk...you always have the best POV :) hmm...I don't find her attractive or a good actress...ugh.
love,
elisa

Chandra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chandra said...

i just saw the movie tonite and thought she did really good in it. don't hate me! but i never take any of these award shows seriously. i mean if they are anything like the grammys, led zeppelin, one of the best bands in the world, were never even nominated. so, it just goes to show that some of the best performers don't always get the awards they deserve. i think those award shows are just extravagant popularity contests.