Saturday, September 08, 2007

Ugh...I've got another Gwhineth on my hands.

Just as Gwyneth Paltrow has ebbed in terms of interview air-time...another one has cropped up in her place. I said they were morphing into each other a few months ago...but geez...this is too much. It's Avril Lavigne in Q magazine.

On dealing with her success:
"Selling 24 million albums hasn't really affected me, but it has changed things. I can't walk into a room full of people any more without everybody turning their heads... But that's OK. I was born to do this, and so I've learned how to cope."

On her competition:
"Someone like Kelly Clarkson is beautiful and has a pretty voice, but with me you get a much stronger image. I'm tough, I have a look that girls want to copy, and I sound a particular way. It's good if you're not easily ignored. And I'm not."

Singing "Hey hey you you I could be your girlfriend" in the girls change rooms---ooooh Avril, that's tough! Not to mention painting skulls and cross bones on your nails...I've shivering in my boots right now.

On her generosity:
"I am a very giving person. When the hurricane thing happened, I went to my closet, filled six boxes of stuff and said to my assistant, 'Take it to Katrina!' I also like to give stuff to people who are my 'workers,' especially if they don't make much money."

Wow...I think a sainthood is in order...we need more people like Avril when those damn hurricane....things...happen.

and to top it off:

"... if you do hate me, you're the loser, not me."

hmm...very insightful stuff.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This girl is a prat. I saw her on a UK TV show, she came across as a total loser, no sense of humour and head completely and truly up her large intestine...

Anonymous said...

Wow… ya know, I wasn’t aware of your blog back then but I saw this coming and it scares me…

I am just happy and awe struck that Avril has taken the time from her benevolent charity work to bestow her God given gifts upon us. I HONESTLY feel like weeping every time I hear Sk8r Boi not only because of the poignant lyrics but also because of the unique spelling of the title. It gives me much to contemplate.

How good of her too to have ‘learned to cope’ with people turning their heads to stare at Her Royal Lavigne- I’m sure it has nothing to do with the rat’s nest bouffant or the Directions Hair Color pink stripe…

She’s right too, Kelly Clarkson does have an astounding voice but it’s no compassion to the nasal offerings of Miss Lavigne. I love how she manages to effortlessly mimick a five year old with sinusitis crying in the queue at Tesco’s because her Mum wants her to put down the Snickers Bar and be a good girl. But then she is the voice of youth so I’m pretty sure she has to do some hardcore vocal exercises to work up to her siren-esque trademark voice. I’d love to be able to do that, in fact once a month all of my female friends try to make that noise too- normally when they’re trying to get their significant other to pop to the shops and get them some chocolates and Motrin.

I’m loving the ‘edgy’ look too. I mean the really expensive designer dress to an award ceremony thing has just never been done, that offset by the gorgeous rented jewelry well I was speechless at her uniqueness. Sure, it was teamed up with a pink streak and home painted skull nails but she just wanted to bring the attention to the dress and jewelry by cheapening herself, right?? She’s so edgy… I bet she did her hair and nails the night before with her friend during a sleep over where they go to sleep in their Polly Pocket sleeping bags and giggle about which member of Limp Bizkit is the best kisser…

And she IS giving, stop hating, girlfriend waves her arms benevolently and now the homeless of New Orleans are the best dressed on the block. Or maybe she was just a bit bummed out because the hurricane meant she got bad weather and couldn’t go to Dairy Queen so she decided to give some of her things to her mate Katrina who could only afford to buy DKNY and that’s not even a label is it?? I have to ask tho, if you know your ‘workers’ don’t get paid much, doncha think you might want to fix that first???

Oh well, I am going to return to my loser life now where I eagerly await a national disaster so I can borrow your Kate Spade bag for a job interview and will be earnestly humming along to Girlfriend while I gaze at your picture and imagine myself being just like you…

~Nate. xxx

Anonymous said...

girlfriend has started looking more and more like her furry alter ego!!!

http://www.ugo.com/images/galleries/overthehedge_filmtv/overthehedge_4_th.jpg

~Nate. xxx

Anonymous said...

This article was proven to False, Avril did not make this list published in Q Magazine, She also publicly stated so on Buzz Bishop website: In the interview Avril stated that this list made up and NOT TRUE. Don't beleive everything you read.