Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Golden Globes Run-Down

O.k...so I'm not totally sure on who won exactly...but Brokeback Mountain won Best Director and Best Film...and Joaquin Phoenix won for Walk to Line...so consider me happy.

For a rundown let's see...there were breasts...

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

...some "I want to be the human version of Nicole Kidman"...

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com


a dose of the "I bet I can look scarier than you"-game...distinguishing between the amateurs and the true professionals.

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

some "If I wasn't aiming for an Oscar I wouldn't be standing next to this guy...and certainly wouldn't be smiling"...

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

followed by some Alanis"What in god's name has happened to me?" Morissette
Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com


...then there was "We're so cool we don't want to be here...but goddamn it...we're here anyway...making an appearance every.single.time."

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

...some Gwyneth "I can't believe I wasn't offered the Elizabeth Bennet role...bloody plebs...you'll regret it when I get my damehood" Paltrow
Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

...some stiff but pretty posing
Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

...finishing up with the classic mistake of trusting the cut-price new stylist you hired who just completed her summer intership at the Young and the Restless wardrobe department.
Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was with Gwyneth saying Antony instead of Anthony? Anthony Hopkins does pronounce the "th" in his name right? Or did Gwyn just get get a bit more pretentious?

Anonymous said...

Scarlett's BOOBS! <333

Kate Beckinsale looks pretty good too.

And Teri, well, donning the same scary mask as always!

El Tete said...

P-Cruz: Boooooooo!!!

NiolK said...

While I was watching "the Island" last night Scarlett J proposed to me using various hand signals and code words. I told you she would be mine.

Anthony Hopkins does as far as I know pronounce his name with the TH. Gwyneth(or is it Gwynet), as we've established before, much like Madonna, is just a pretentious bitch who likes to be awkward to be different. (for example Lourdes being pronounced by Madge as "LOO-UR-DEZ")

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would have never recognized Alanis. SHe looks completely different.

DrDiSaia said...

Jenny McCarthy and Teri Hatcher now feature foreheads that don't move it seems. Gotta blog on this. Thanks Elisa.

Elisita said...

haha niolk :) np doc!
love,
elisa

Anonymous said...

Alanis looks like a busted Charlie's Angel. And for God's sake Gwyneth, what's going on with the dress? Keira looked lovely, though.

Anonymous said...

Elisa you described everything right on and perfectly!!

Nailed it all funny-like.

Anonymous said...

I loved The Island; I don't understand its bad reviews! This weekend we saw Brokeback Mountain. Twas great like all the reviews trumpeted, BUT sad. Be prepared for the sadness.

Why is such a hunka burnin' love like Heath Ledger with that wee elf Michelle Williams?? I mean she's cute but he's a god!!!

This past Saturday Night Live...man Scarlett just was not good in my opinion. I certainly don't hate the girl but I'm just not getting her appeal. She has no expression in her voice or her face. That was generally one of the worst SNL's I've ever seen. Not ScarJ's fault entirely. Bad skits.

Elisita said...

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of SNL that I've liked/thought was funny...ever.
OMG...I died when I saw Brokeback Mountain...I had to go see it again the following day :)
love,
elisa

Anonymous said...

Taking it from the top:

Scarlett keeps her hourglass figure, dons a red dress (that doesn't squish her breasts painfully), has her hair done well, lovely earrings, shoes match the dress, the expression could use some work, but all up quite the looker, certainly holds the eye for all the right reasons.

Charlize, nice elements, but they just don't suit her so well, that dress needs more length in it's decorations and less chunky roundness, cute, but not flattering really.

Jenny McCarthy, who was famous for a video where she had sex with about five guys at once, oh yeah, and there was that MTV gig, but all about EIGHT YEARS AGO! She obviously looks suprised because the photographers are actually taking her picture. Didn't realise it was such a slow day.

Ah, Teri, she's obviously just seen Dean Caine and remembered that He was supposed to be the one going on to bigger and better things after Louise and Clark. Turns out She was the one to move on and make enough money to have too much plastic surgery.

Okay, we're here together, but only because our publicists insisted, she's really a bitch and he's really an asshole and we're both going to have very hot showers afterwards to clean the stench off.

Alannis Morriset - the new White Mariah Carey???

Crazy guy and his daughter. . . err daughter's au-pair. . . .what, that's his Wife?? I didn't know the European laws were That relaxed!

Gwyneth 'I do Really well in period pieces (but have no breasts)'

Mr and Mrs Kate B., who only showed up to remind people how to look well dressed and over the whole red carpet things at the same time.

Ms Cruz, lots of hair, lots of dress lots of bling, lots of breast (Effie but with style and better color)

Thank you, and goodnight.

Anonymous said...

Go, G4G, go!

Anonymous said...

Dahling, a damehood can not be given to an American born.

Anonymous said...

anthony hopkins is welsh, and as such does NOT pronounce the "th" in his name. that is how the name is pronounced in britain.