Thursday, April 20, 2006

Why is Tom Hanks still around?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usAlthough CastAway was probably the final dagger...I've been totally sick of Tom Hanks since Forrest Gump. That's over 10 years of torture! I just don't want to deal with him and his newfound creepy hair situation anymore. At least all these annoying "it"-girls only have a life span of 5 years max plus they provide entertaining value-add nip-slips, eating disorders, and staged-catfights along the way.

Hanks though, he just keeps on popping up everywhere. Now he's going to produce a film based on the stage show Mamma Mia. You know he's coincidentally going to have a starring role as the love interest to some 18-year old "dancing queen"...if he was mildly interesting he'd make it into some gay melodrama to try to make the damn thing entertaining.

7 comments:

NiolK said...

I quite like Hanksypanksy but I'll give you the hair thing. Bono called, he wants it back.

Anonymous said...

I guess he might be a pedophil in that mentioned movie. Just kidding, cause I liked him in Castaway and in Philadelphia, too. Was it him? oh, or not?
He does not look bad in my pic-tionary. Old, yes, but not bad.

Anonymous said...

The DaVinci Code is SOOOOOO overrated IMO.....I couldn't give a shit about this movie coming out. I thought the book was totally predictable once I finished half of it.

Cap'n Bob said...

Hanks is okay. After Saving Private Ryan he got interested in our WWII veterans and lobbied to get them a memorial in D.C. And unlike those action movie lunks he can really act.

Anonymous said...

Awww.... How can you bash Tom Hanks??? That's kinda like saying you don't like puppies! He's genuinely nice, that's why he's still around. Great to work with (and yes, I did work with him once).

Anonymous said...

whatever, he produces "Big Love" - that's enough hippness for me

Elisita said...

haha...everyone is totally feeling the love for Hanks.
Fair enough. Point taken :)
love,
elisa