Friday, June 10, 2005

FREE KATIE

Someone asked me if I thought Katie was pretty. For the record, I think she is/was...especially since she dropped that 'cute' droopy smile thing that she did for a while. Anyway...I think she looks pretty fab here...Tom's definitley fugged her up though....




Anyway...FREE KATIE shirts, as I'm sure you all know are available at http://freekatie.net along with some funny commentary :) I don't know if anyone is left that doesn't think Tom is nuts...he did the jump oh the couch thing again for Leno. For the record, an older Spiegel magazine interview is my favourite...Those German interviewers don't mince words :) I'll give you an excerpt:

SPIEGEL: We visited one of your locations near Los Angeles and were amazed to find a fully staffed tent of the Scientology organization right next to the food tents for the journalists and extras.

Cruise: What were you amazed about?

SPIEGEL: Why do you go so extremely public about your personal convictions?

Cruise: I believe in freedom of speech. I felt honored to have volunteer Scientology ministers on the set. They were helping the crew. When I'm working on a movie, I do anything I can to help the people I'm spending time with. I believe in communication.

SPIEGEL: The tent of a sect at someone's working place still seems somewhat strange to us...

Cruise: The volunteer Scientology ministers were there to help the sick and injured. People on the set appreciated that...We live in a world where people are on drugs forever. Where even children get drugged...Those are the things that I care about. I don't care what someone believes. I don't care what nationality they are. But if someone wants to get off drugs, I can help them. If someone wants to learn how to read, I can help them. If someone doesn't want to be a criminal anymore, I can give them tools that can better their life. You have no idea how many people want to know what Scientology is.

SPIEGEL: Do you see it as your job to recruit new followers for Scientology?

Cruise: I'm a helper. For instance, I myself have helped hundreds of people get off drugs. In Scientology, we have the only successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. It's called Narconon.

SPIEGEL: That's not correct. Yours is never mentioned among the recognized detox programs. Independent experts warn against it because it is rooted in pseudo science.

Cruise: You don't understand what I am saying. It's a statistically proven fact that there is only one successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. Period.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was home recently visiting my mother and I got roped in to watching that freak run a round like a crackhead on Oprah. US had a interesting article where they had a psychologist and an expert in body language do a play by play on his little preformance.

Long story short it had interesting bits like how he is expressing his emotions the same way a 13 year old does; when he brought her out he was holding her arm like she was a piece of property; yada, yada, yada .....

That excerpt from Der Spiegel is great. You can always count on the Germans for their tough questions and deep love for David Hasselhoff.

Yail Bloor

Elisita said...

Yeah...everyone is making fun of him (including me)...but I get the feeling he's seriously unstable. He just seems to be totally brainwashed, fake, and so willing to 'pretend'...
He kinda creeps me out. It was embarassing to watch how much Oprah pandered him and he pandered to her...
Love,
Elisa

Anonymous said...

Scientology is a scary, scary thing. The real question is: Did he lean towards scientology because he was unstable or Did scientology make him fake and unstable?

Unfortunately Oprah has to coddle people like that or they won't come on her show.

Yail Bloor

Elisita said...

Hey guys,
Interesting insights from you. Yeah...I agree...actually...in Germany (I got this from the Spiegel interview) Scientology either wasn't or isn't given the status of a religion...and isn't allowed to be practiced? Something like that...unlike the U.S and Australia...and countless other countries I'm sure.

If you're further interested in finding out about scary scientology...this is a strange site...but quite information...the link here is one about the drug project narconon...go to the second article...

http://www.scientology-kills.org/narconon/narconon.htm

also..this is a very lucid article...click on "Why Scientology Resembles the Mafia"

http://www.scientology-kills.org/articles/articles.htm

Love,
Elisa

Anonymous said...

Scientology is certainly allowed in Germany.
The federal agency for internal security is observing them though, as they once stated that their actual plan is to overthrow the current political system and replace it with a Scientology system.

Elisita said...

Oh thanks for that info anon! I think maybe it wasn't allowed in Germany a few years ago...I'd have to go back and re-read the Spiegel article.
Love,
Elisa

p.s another interesting site at

www.xenu.net

Elisita said...

Haha..that's ironic...from what I've been reading it's the Scientologists that do a lot of the persecution :)
Elisa