Friday, June 17, 2005

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Engaged.

Well Well...to all those people who thought TomKat would just fade away after War of the Worlds and Batman Begins...it looks like the faux-PDA-fest may only just be beginning. While in Paris for the Batman Begins Premiere...Tom proposed to Katie aka "the magnificent woman" in an attempt to silence all the racists and bigots out there.

In a quote that is destined to rival Lance Armstrong's, Tom said:

"Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman,"

Cruise continued:

"Yes, I proposed to her. It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven't slept at all."

Considering both of their sexual issues...I can only assume that he didn't sleep because they were both taking turns at jumping up and down on the couches of their hotel rooms. I find it interesting that he never even bothers to mention whether she said Yes or No...

In any case...I offer a tentative congratulations...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, he did say she said yes. But then just went on about how Paris is romantic and magnificent. And she just sat there. Poor, poor Katie!

Daisy Mae said...

As my grandma always said "marry in haste, repent in leisure". It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I know I am gonna buy my Free Katie tee shirt right now!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is TOO FUNNY! I love it...I'll be checking it frequently for updates! BTW, Tom Cruise is a hypocritical, insane JERK!
Jen

Jack B. said...

This is going to be Tom/Nicole all over again. By the time she's 35 or so the marriage will be over and only then will she have some semblemce of an independent career to go to - except she's not as talented as Nicole is IMHO and she looks like a perpetual 16 year old. I really feel sorry for her (I hope I'm wrong). I think the nutty Tom-tom we're seeing now is the real one, protected all these years by his old publicist.

Elisita said...

Haha..thanks for the support :)
I agree with you Jack. I think Tom's ex-publicist should get a GENIUS label on her...it's absolutley amazing. Until he dumped her...everyone respected Tom and thought he was a serious actor...people knew that he had his weird religious beliefs..but no-one thought he was a freak...the only thing he got every now and then were a few homosexual claims here and there...but that's hardly detrimental....She kept this weird freak underwraps for more than a decade...that's pretty amazing...to me.

Freebird said...

I give it a year at most. One day he's going to look back on the Oprah show and feel really stupid.

hazelblackberry said...

I just wish he'd give the "magnificent" a break. We're not talking about National Velvet here.

Anonymous said...

Somebody is going to be reeeel(sic) sorry one day in the not too distant future. I'd hate to be in the same room with her at the inevitable moment when she stops in her tracks and screams "OMG, WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!!" Advice for whoever it is who actually is along side her at that earth shattering moment: Get the heck out of the way as quickly as possible so as to not get trampled as she stampedes out the door on her way to (in this order) 1. her shrink 2. her lawyer 3. her shrink again. 4. her public relations agent. Poor girl, she needs our help. I think we should hold an intervention. Anyone with me?